Monday, January 16

Victory for Viola


Viola Davis receiving her Best Actress award for "The Help"
at the 2012 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards...

“I am absolutely so humbled. The 2 most important days of a person’s life are: the day you were born, and the day you discover WHY you were born.

You know, 5 hours on the bus going to Acting classes when I was 14yrs old and coming from very challenging circumstances, I absolutely knew I wanted to be an actor. I wanted to be somebody. I wanted to dream big and fierce! Just make my mark somehow.

That was something that Abeline was not afforded. I considered it my honor to pay homage to these women at this time period who were not allowed to dream and not allowed to find their purpose, but thank God – PRAISE God – that they gave birth to me, my mother, and my grandmother. And I thank Kathryn Stockett for writing The Help. I thank Dreamworks, Disney, 1492… for being the most incredible leaders.

I am absolutely honored to be in the company of so many women of so many sizes, ages, and races and to be such a part of a story that is an incredible part of American history to show that, you know what – Even despite the atrocities that can happen in the past, friendship and love can help us find our way. Thank you very much!”

No comments:

Post a Comment