Sunday, January 17

Keeping It All Together


Sheryl Sandberg is the author of Lean In and of Chief Operating Officer of Facebook. Here are her top tricks for keeping it all together:
  • What time do you go to bed and wake up? I sleep from 10:30 or 11pm until 5:30 or 6am. I try to get seven hours of sleep every night. 
  • Give us your top life-organizing strategy. I always have a notebook. I’m such a geek. People think I’m crazy - I’m the only one at Facebook with a notebook! 
  • How do you control email overload? My motto is ‘Done is better than perfect.’ I try to do it quickly. I think people really appreciate fast answers. 
  • Best everyday work advice? Have someone who praises you publicly. It’s hard for women to praise themselves, but I can say, “What Andrea did is amazing!” 
  • What are your rules for making your home life sane? We don’t have phones at meals. And my husband and I try not to travel at the same time. 
[Article in Glamour, photo from Vogue]

No comments:

Post a Comment