Friday, August 7

Being Chic


I am such a fan of fashion. Good styling says so much about a person. 
Girogio Armani says, "Being chic is a way of carrying one-self. Style is not identified completely with fashion, but means capturing the spirit of the times and making it one’s own."
That is why I have such an appreciate for costume designers! Characters of TV, movies, and theater are more convincing when their 'look' is on point. 
My @Chexie04 Pinterest has boards dedicated to the clothes of the shows Reign and Revenge. My only interest in watching Scandal is because of Lyn Paulo, the show's brilliant costume designer. 
Here are some tips she provides for dressing well in real life:  
Put your best footwear forward 
How you walk is so important. If you stride across a room, you exude confidence. So make sure you have the right foundation - which is your shoes. As the day goes on, you don’t want to be hobbling around the office. It’s okay to have six pairs of shoes under your desk to change into. I do! 
Express Yourself 
When I spoke to Shonda Rimes, Scandal’s creator. I told her that I didn’t want Olivia Pope to be another woman in a masculine suit. It’s detrimental to women. Being a woman in the workplace doesn’t mean you have to dress like a guy. 
What’s your biggest strength at work? 
I am very organized. I don’t have a lot of patience for clutter — either verbal or literal. 
What’s your best interviewing tip? 

Be confident, dress the part, and if you’re being interviewed by a woman, carry an absolutely amazing purse. 

Scandal collection at The Limited


No comments:

Post a Comment