Tuesday, December 30

College Essay Excellence



Two years ago, I was afraid of wanting anything. 

I figured wanting will lead to trying, and trying will lead to failure.. 

But now I find that I can't stop wanting. 

I want to fly somewhere in First Class. 
I want to travel to Europe on a business trip. 
I want to get invited to the White House. 
I want to learn about the world. 
I want to surprise myself. 
I want to be in love. 
I want to be the best person I can be. 
I want to define myself instead of having others define me. 
I want to win and have people be happy for me. 
I want to lose and get over it. 

I want to grow up and be generous and big-hearted, the way that people have been with me.

I want an interesting and surprising life. 

It's not that I think I will get all of these things; I just want the possibility of getting them. 

College represents possibility. 

The possibility that things are going to change. I can't wait! 

... Tyra Collette's college essay in Friday Night Lights - "Underdogs" (Season 3: Episode 12)

No comments:

Post a Comment