Monday, September 15

Intro to Miss America



Miss America is still my favorite pageant. This was the only reason my sisters and I were able to stay up late to watch it when it aired. We selected our favorites at the very beginning to see who would make it to the end. Every year, I host viewing parties where my girlfriends and I do the same! This method helps make watching The Bachelor/Bachelorette more exciting too. 

It's the longest running pageant after all, and the feminist in me adores how much they emphasize that this is a scholarship program versus a beauty contest. (insert one of those hilarious Miss Congeniality movie quotes) 

My favorite part now - Each contestant gets a few seconds of TV time to introduce something clever about their states and say their names. 

Here are some good ones from the recent Miss America 2015: 

"My state has 4 distinct seasons - Football, hurricanes, Mardi Gras, and crawfish. I'm Lacey Sanchez, Miss Lousiana!"

"From the birthplace of Carrie Underwood, Kristen Chenoweth, and Chuck Norris.. Yes, Chuck Norris.. I'm Alex Eppler, Miss Oklahoma!"

"From the state where it's either misty, sprinkling, drizzling, raining, pouring down, or better grab an umbrella -- I'm Rebecca Anderson, Miss Oregon!"

No comments:

Post a Comment