Saturday, December 19

Birthday Bliss


Today is my birthday! Yaaaaay! I adore getting older. Really, I do. Growing up, I remember asking my parents if I could get silver highlights in my hair. They rejected my plea and told me to just wait until I got natural gray hairs instead. Finally, after a looooong time of waiting, I have my first gray hair. It is rather small and barely visible, but I am so proud. I part my hair specifically to show it off. How long must I wait for it to multiply though? Ha!

Anyway, I am unfortunate to have a December birthday. It's overshadowed by Christmas (insert other politically correct holiday festivities) celebrations. Most of the time, I have been in the company of family on the separate coast than my current residence. However, last year my girlfriends surprised me with a birthday party ON my actual day of birth. It's a novel concept. So much so, that I am going to plan another party this year ON my actual day of birth again. This will make the second time of my twenty-something years that this eclipse of an occurance has happened.

Let the festivities begin. Birthday party-going starts soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment