Monday, September 21

50yr Anniversary Club


...Warning: These epic love secrets of the 50yr Anniversary Club might make you ugly-cry!
Sally, 80, and Bob Kline, 82 (Married for 58 years)
Sally: Always talk things out. Our neighbors had a fight and went days without speaking. That’s just the worst thing I’ve heard.
Bob: Each morning, we say, “Let’s count our blessings.” The first is, “Well, I’ve got you.”
Lennie Gerber, 78, and Pearl Berlin, 89 (Married 1 year, together 48 years)
Lennie: We still wake up every morning and have some schmoozing.
Pearl: I can’t start my day until I’ve held Lennie. Then, I go make her a coffee.

Pauline, 77, and Bob Kirchner, 78 (Married 52 years)
Pauline: It took him three years to figure out I was the one.
Bob: We dated on and off. I went out with some other gals. She left town for a while.
Pauline: And then he came and got me.
Bob: I saw that she was the girl who was going to  work.
Pauline: We dated others, but we always came back to each other. 

- Originally by Gabrielle Hurwitz in Cosmopolitan, January 2015 -  

No comments:

Post a Comment