Tuesday, June 30

Get It, Gwyneth


On Young Adulthood
The day I left my parents’ house, my dad was like, “You are totally on your own. Don’t ask me for help with rent, don’t ask me for help with anything. Your privilege was to live in my house and to get the education that we were able to afford for you.’ My father loved his success, but he was hyperaware of the entitlement that can be created if you grow up as a rich kid, and so he was very clever at letting us know that we were borrowing it.

On Goop’s Material/Spiritual Sides
We’re always trying to reconcile all these different parts of ourselves. We want something beautiful or to get a girl crush on someone, but we also want to understand ourselves better, we want better relationships. Women are so multifaceted. There are more materialistic, poppy, shallower sides to us, and there are profound sides to us. We’re capable of holding a lot.

On Productivity
I’m in meetings with investment bankers, VC firms, private equity firms— you name it, across the board, men. Women in 30 minutes can get more accomplished than men in two hours.

Gwyneth Paltrow [Marie Claire, February 2015]

No comments:

Post a Comment