Sunday, October 5

Lea & Barbra



When I was a little girl, my mom said to me, "Barbara Streisand never got a nose job -- you're never getting one." Barbra showed women that it's not necessary to alter yourself to become successful. Instead, she made the most of what she had, and it launched her career.

When I first watched Funny Girl, I'd never felt so connected to a story or a character. The minute it was over I poured myself a glass of champagne, got out crackers and cream cheese, and played it again from the beginning -- it's my favorite movie of all time.

People often ask me what I want to do most in my career, and I don't ever want to pick:
I want to be able to do a great film,
a Broadway play,
or make an amazing album.

Barbra's won an Oscar, a Grammy, and a Tony.

It's inspiring to see someone achieve success in many different fields while still maintaining her individuality.

- Lea Michele -

"Our 75 Most Important Women of the Past 75 Years"
Glamour magazine's 75th Anniversary Issue

No comments:

Post a Comment