Friday, March 28

Dame and Signora



Carla Bruni comes from Italian wealth, was a model, and a singer-writer.

She is also a mother and former First Lady of France.

In my recent East Coast travels, I read her lengthy article in the United Airlines' Hemispheres magazine. I was intrigued. And although I didn't take the magazine with me, I blessed the next passenger by underlining some of her profound quotes -

"Being in love makes you warm, makes you high, makes you alive."

"Try to be as natural as you can. You know the legend of Narcissus.. He sees his reflection in some water, and his problem is that he starts to prefer his reflection to himself. You can't give priority to your image. You know, very few public figures are there by accident; most people are there because they chose it."

"I don't worry so much about my career -- unless we got poor, then I'd have to think about it. Success an power are an illusion for young people. At my age, they're the cherry on the cake -- and what good is a cherry if there's no cake?"

No comments:

Post a Comment