Thursday, October 20

Katy du Soleil

Katy Perry's inspiration - It started with the influence of rockabilly girls she saw in the swing-dance classes she attended when she was 13. "I loved the way they commanded attention - they looked so cute and cool and sophisticated and well manicured."

She then went through a brief "punk rock" stage ("I was dating boys in bands, drawing on my jeans, and making my own T-shirts") and proto-emo phase in the late '90s "with a short black pixie haircut and barrettes and all that," she says. "I loved Shirley Manson and Gwen Stefani and Alanis Morissette. those were my girls."

Right now, she's going with a "Bettie Page meets Wonder Woman meets Doris day meets Judy Jetson meets Natalie Wood meets Daphne Guinness meets Chloe Sevigny kind of look." [Elle 2011]

No comments:

Post a Comment