Saturday, March 20

Marilyn in March


I dressed up as the beautiful Marilyn Monroe for an Old Hollywood murder mystery party recently. As I researched my part, I became a fan of this lovely lady who was often misunderstood, had incredible style, and wit for days longer than she lived. She would have been the tabloids' dream, so here is a list of some of my favorite Marilyn quotes -
  • Dogs never bite me. Just humans.

  • Dreaming about being an actress is more exciting than being one.

  • Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you $1000 for a kiss and 50 cents for your soul.

  • Husbands are chiefly good as lovers when they are betraying their wives.

  • I am not interested in money. I just want to be wonderful.

  • I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

  • I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it.

  • A career is wonderful, but you can't curl up with it on a cold night.

  • I've been on a calendar, but I've never been on time.

  • No one ever told me I was pretty when I was a little girl. All little girls should be told they're pretty, even if they aren't.

No comments:

Post a Comment